Revenues by geography(as percentage of revenues)
Revenues by category(as percentage of revenues)
Unit shipments(comparing BlackBerry handheld devices with PlayBook tablets)
Unit shipments growth(comparing BlackBerry handheld devices and PlayBook tablets)
- made by Francesco Schwarz
- get news and updates on Twitter
- main sources:
- other sources:
- many thanks to Horace Dediu from Asymco for being a great source of inspiration and information
- chart powered by Highcharts JS
- chart exports licensed under the CC BY 3.0 license
- Before Q1/12 the “Hardware” revenues category was called “Devices”.
- “United Kingdom” was listed as a separate geographical category since Q1/08.
How to use it
- Toggle the visibility of data series
- By clicking on a legend item you can toggle its visibility. The chart is highly customizable to fit your needs.
- Zoom in on a specific region
- By clicking and dragging you can zoom in on a particular time frame you’re interested in.
- Download the chart
- Export the chart in the data format you need. Use it for your next presentation or article (CC BY 3.0 license).
- Average selling price (ASP)
- ASP is computed by dividing revenues by unit sales.
- Earnings per share (EPS)
- EPS are computed by dividing net income by shares.
- Gross margin
- Gross margin is the difference between net sales and cost of sales divided by net sales. This represents the percentage of each dollar of a company’s revenue available after accounting for cost of goods sold.
- Sequential change
- Sequential change compares one period to the period immediately preceding it (e.g. Q1/10 compared to Q4/09).
- Year-over-year change
- Year-over-year change shows change over the corresponding time period of the previous year (e.g. Q3/08 compared to Q3/07).
Contact and feedback
I want to improve this site to make it more useful for you. If you have questions, ideas or complaints just drop me a line.